CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, April 26, 2009

"Turn off the moon, pull the stars from the sky"

The raindrops slammed against the roof and bounced up a few inches. the wind carried the smell of damp wood across the whole block,as I walked along the sidewalk. Each streetlight seemed to get closer and closer. Each stop sign and each brick layed home sat there in there place, watching as I strode along the dimly lit city street. I swayed my legs back and forth, one in front of the other, my own little march. My shoulders were arched backed, relaxed and slightly confident while my head aimed down, staring at each crack in the sidewalk.

I walked back and forth, to the corner and back, Looked up, looked down. Turned around and still nothing. The street was a ghost town. A row of recent cars filled the fronts of house, and garden hoses and toys and bicycles were tossed randomly on front lawns. The air was frigid and brisk. The feeling you get when you inhale after you eat a strong breath mint. I slipped my hands into both pockets and stopped walking for a second. I took a minute to look up and take a quick glance at the stars. the sky , it looked like a thousand diamonds sprinkled along a blanket. As much as I tried to fight the thought, almost right away i thought about the odds that at the particular moment we were looking at the same sky.

May 21, 2008

0 comments: