CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Rehearsed Lines?

I gently caressed her face with a slight gentle ease, as to avoid having it crumble to pieces in my hands. The air danced around our forms like a thick cigar smoke. It swayed back and forth until the sky swallowed it in one swift gulp. Her cheeks were rosy red and had a nice taste of salt to it. The minutes dragged on as she slowly gave me a quick look, raised her left eyebrow and puckered her lips and sent me a nice kiss. That kiss felt like it pushed me back a few feet. My hands still casually trembling from touching her face, she turned her head and began to walk away. "You’d think after all this time, the town would feel like home…" she continued her path down the brick paved road, the sound of each heel clicking against the pavement sounded like a stopwatch. "….but I feel like I only know where I’m at when you’re around." Quicker then I could finish the sentence she was gone. I rehearsed that line a thousand times over, and the only one who heard it was a couple of alley cats and the city of Chicago.

April 02, 2008

0 comments: