CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Here, But Not.

“Summers almost gone, ya know.” he told me. “Gee, thanks for reminding me.”
“How do you feel?” I thought about it for a second. “Good, not great,” I said it like I felt it. We sat outside on the front porch. What I wanted to tell him, was that it never really felt like summer was ever here. Sure the weather was hot, and the city was full of sundresses and freeze-pops but that feeling was never there for me. I pulled out a smoke from my front pocket and fired it up. Across the street pranced two young, cute girls. Long legs and their heads and shoulders draped in yellow and brown hair. I took a drag off the cherry-lit cigarette. “Those things will kill you, ya know.” he pointed at the tip of my cigarette. I took in another deep drag and said “THOSE things will kill you” as I pointed across the street at the passing girls. He smirked a bit and we both laughed until the moon and sun switched places.

0 comments: